Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lest I Wither

I think I've written about this before, but it's still a thing, and I'd like to think that I'm ever-growing, so maybe my perspective has grown too.

I still feel some pressure to be taking advantage of my youth and singleness in a different way. That I've committed to a location for the past couple of years, and that I have no intention of moving in the near future, is confusing for some. What I've decided, however, is that, in much the same way that people with spouses and children are somewhat less free to change their lives on a whim, I too can build a life that's worth committing to. To say that I can't or shouldn't start building a real, permanent life while I'm single, is to say that I was created incomplete, and I don't believe that.

Putting down roots is an important investment, because when the scorching heat of the sun is taking water from my leaves, I'll need those roots to stay whole and healthy, to survive.

-
This post was written, tardily, as a part of a blogging game. The players are The Creative Collective, and the topic is "know your roots." Click here to read what the others are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment