Thursday, February 26, 2009

for the sake of suspense

i wrote before about how i was at least planning to plan something different for my future. when i wrote that, i actually had an idea in mind, but i didn't write it because the blog was already getting a bit lengthy, i was curious to see if anyone had any great ideas for my life (thank you kenny-moving to nh to play and sing is more than tempting. oh how i miss the strange brew, and you guys, of course:) and i thought it would be more dramatic if a slight pause happened, a time to dwell on these exciting new prospects without committing to one idea.

well, the pause may be over. i really think that i want to move to south/central america to teach. my lovely roommate alisha is on board and my sister (pending her acceptance/non-acceptance into unc chapel hill) may still be in costa rica when all of the plans that i have yet to make come to fruition.

because i'm such a big fan of the bulletted/numbered outline, these are the reasons that i think south/central america is the place for me . . .
  • i know some, but i want to learn to speak spanish like a pro. (though that would cause problems at my restraunt job when my usual method of evasion is 'no comprendo, lo siento'.)
  • i want to meet and marry a beautiful latino man who will salsa dance his way into my heart and then have beautiful salsa-dancing children.
  • i did the europe thing (which i absolutely loved) and so i think that living in a different culture that is different from the different culture in which i have already lived would be a good experience.
  • it's warm and pretty.
  • my sister may be there.

i haven't done a whole lot of research yet. (i don't plan to go until the late summer/fall.) but i did find this school in san jose that looks like a cool opportunity: http://www.teachabroad.com/listingsp3.cfm/listing/41927

that's all, i just wanted to keep you posted on my schemes. if you know of any great organizations/programs/etc., that i might be able to help with my numerous skills (hah), then please let me know.

much love and a happy thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment